Headshot Preparation – Be Ready!
The following advice is designed to help you get the most from your headshot session in our studios. Don’t worry, we know you are likely to feel a little apprehensive. Our photographers will take you through a relaxed guided photoshoot with patience and humour.
Before The Shoot……
Get your clothing ready for the shoot and make a list of poses you would like to do. You should also have a good idea of makeup and hairstyles. any hair cuts and tanning should be done a few days before. Shave, wax and pluck as required – and most of all, get plenty of beauty sleep.
Preparing for your Photo Shoot
- Think about what to wear – casual, sporty, formal?
- No clothing with fussy or intricate patterns
- Practice your posing at home in front of the mirror
- The internet is fantastic for info on headshots styles
- If you are doing your own hair and makeup have a go at home
- Come in with your hair ready styled – it saves time
- Shave, wax and pluck as required.
- Make sure your nails are clean and manicured
- A good nights sleep will do wonders for your headshots
- Probably best not to drink the night before:)
Being prepared for your studio shoot means that you will use your scheduled time to maximum effect.